Lumberjack Pancake Breakfast - Saturday, Sept. 9th
Grab your favorite flannel shirt, strap on those suspenders and join United Way of 1000 Lakes for a family friendly Lumberjack Pancake Breakfast.
Now in its fifth year, come see chefs cooking and flipping hundreds of creative pancakes to a crowd of hungry folks starting at 9 a.m. on the grounds of Old Central School. After tasting the custom creations, a team of judges will vote for their favorite and the winning team will have ultimate pancake bragging rights.
Then at 10 a.m., relay teams will race through a course flipping pancakes all the way as they compete for the coveted title and Lumberjack Skillet, the competition's top prize.
As delicious as this is going to be, it’s also for a good cause as donations to the United Way’s Community Impact Fund are encouraged in exchange for getting a taste of the chefs’ creations. Suggested Donation: $6 per adult, $3 for those ages 6-12 and free for those 5 and younger. Pick-up and delivery are available (downloadable form below).
KIWANIS PANCAKE BREAKFAST - 9 to 11 a.m.
Enjoy a short stack of pancakes, toppings bar (everyone’s favorite), sausage links, yogurt and beverage. Proceeds benefit United Way. Pick-up and delivery available. Request Delivery Here >
PANCAKE COOK-OFF - 9 a.m.
Cook-off teams (costumes encouraged) will duel for the title of the finest flapjacks around. Celebrity judges, will rate aroma, presentation, taste, density and texture to determine the winners. Teams will offer guests bite size samples of their creations. Awards will be presented at 10:45 a.m. Proceeds benefit United Way.
PANCAKE RELAY RACE - 10 a.m.
Relay teams of four will race while flipping flapjacks on the course around Old Central School. Costumes encouraged. Winners will receive bragging rights and a skillet trophy. Proceeds benefit United Way.
How you can help:
- Showcase your talent! Recruit a team for the Pancake Cook-off and/or Relay Race. To sign-up, call 218-999-7570 or visit www.unitedwayof1000lakes.org!
- Spread the word! Help us get the word out by downloading our poster (unitedwayof1000lakes.org); tweeting, posting and sharing your support on social media.
- Roll up your sleeves! Help to make a difference in our community through volunteering.
- Give to United Way! Help support year-round efforts. A tax-deductible donation can be made through a one-time or recurring gift of cash or check; credit card; payroll deduction; bill-me; and stocks. Call 218-999-7570 or donate here.
- Sponsor this event! Learn how businesses can partner with United Way through the sponsorship program. Call 999-7570 to find out more.
Thank you to these event sponsors:
Their generosity ensures your annual contribution is directed toward solving the most pressing problems in our community.
Various levels of sponsorship are still available. For more information, call the United Way at 218-999-7570.
Lumberjack Pancake Breakfast Toolkit: